1. Patrick’s real name was actually Maewyn. He took the Catholic name Patrick when he became a priest. We’re glad he changed it, because St. Maewyn’s Day definitely doesn’t have the same ring to it!
2. There are no female leprechauns in Irish folklore.
3. The average person spends $36 on St. Patrick’s Day related items, ranging from top hats to bar tabs to t-shirts and green buttons. That’s a lot of money to not get pinched!
4. The first St. Patrick’s Day parade was in Boston in 1737. The Irish liked the idea so they started doing parades after. They must have been green with envy for such a fun idea!
5. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the highest recorded number of leaves found on a clover was 14. That’s a lot of luck!
All photos copyright Gilda Adler Photography http://www.gildaadler.com/
Dlush wants to spotlight our very own Deyna! This San Diego native is an incredible mother, athlete, and Dlush team member. Before graduating from UCSD in 2012, Deyna ran track, was an AS Senator, was on the board for Black Student Union, and worked for Rimac. In addition to being an incredible student, Deyna is an incredible athlete. Even after having her son, she still went on to compete in Track & Field and won conference. Deyna participated in the 400 hurdles, the four by four, and the open four. Her tenacity, dedication, and amazing spirit are just some of the reasons why Dlush loves having Deyna on the team. How does she manage everything? When she needs a pick-me-up, she orders an The Dlush, because it tastes amazing and gives her a boost!
Do you LOVE brunch but hate leaving campus? Do you want a fun new tradition to share with your friends? Do you love sleeping in on the weekends and eating a meal slightly resembling lunch but is really basically breakfast? Then YOU should try brunch at Dlush! Not only is it fun and exciting, but we have created 12 reasons why you should have your next brunch at Dlush:
1. It’s on campus so you don’t have to take a bus, ask someone to drive, drive yourself, leave campus, go far, or use data to open your maps application.
2. You can come in your jammies because, hey, we won’t judge.
3. You can start a new tradition with your friends. Ever heard of the Breakfast Club? You and your friends can star in your very own reality show (not reality tv, just reality) called The Brunch Club.
4. We serve our brunch items all day so you can have brunch at 8pm if you wanted to. Because, why not?
5. If you hashtag #Dlushbrunch on Instagram with a photo of you and your friends brunching, you can be featured on our @dlushlife Instagram page for everyone to see. You and your friends will be instafamous!
6. Our brunch items are really, really good. If you don’t believe us, just scroll to the end of this post to view a few snapshots of what we have for you.
7. We can give you and your friends a shoutout over the microphone, orrr you can make a fake name and give a shoutout to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or to SpongeBob or Agent P and Doofenshmirtz. Hey, the customer is always right.
8. If you don’t feel like being social, you can brunch solo because why not?
9. Our team really likes people, so you will be welcomed like you are at a mom ‘n pop restaurant (but you don’t have to worry about anyone calling you “hun”).
10. If you order a drink, we like to do drink art! Look on our Instagram page (@dlushlife) for some cool examples.
11. We have the super healthy food and the sweet stuff, so you can come whether it’s cheat day or not.
12. The food. Like, it is SO GOOD.