This past Friday, Dlush had the honor of supporting the next generation of leaders at the Rady School of Management graduation. The Rady School, based at UC San Diego, is charged with developing ethical and entrepreneurial leaders who make a positive impact in the world through innovation, collaboration and knowledge. We were proud to show our support for this remarkable group of students by providing drinks to celebrate their accomplishments and graduation.
- When did you start working at Dlush? I started at the Fashion Valley location during high school.
- What’s your favorite drink and food item? My favorite drink at Dlush would have to be the Gingerbread Chai. Not only does it taste absolutely delicious, but for some reason the smell reminds me of Christmas morning at Grandma’s house. My favorite food item would be the turkey monster sandwich. It sounds healthy, but it’s definitely what a girl needs on a bad day (or even a good day for that matter!). It definitely covers all the taste buds.
- What do you love most about Dlush? What I love about Dlush is how unique we are–we never lose the chance to stand out and be different. We are a bright star in a dark sky.
- How did you learn to make (and remember!) all the different drinks? It was hard to remember all of the drinks at first, but after a while it became second nature.
- You’re one of the very best baristas at Dlush–so what’s your favorite drink to make? The most fun drink to make on the menu would have to be a Happy Camper. Pulsing jello in a frozen lemonade just seems like a kid’s dream.
- So what do you do when you’re not at Dlush? Other than have a job/life at Dlush, my activities on my own time are pretty intense. I’m a wife, so that speaks for itself. Keeping a healthy home is number one for me. I love to read anything I get my hands on, from the back of a cereal box to a history text book. I also love sports, especially soccer! My husband and I play together. I love to bake and have a bad sweet tooth so you know if you ever come to my house there will always be some type of dessert just waiting to be eaten. But what I really can’t live without is gym time. I’m big on exercise, health and clean living.
- How would you describe Dlush in one word? If I could sum up Dlush in one word I would say outrageous. Dlush is a place where you always want to hang out at–it’s a great place for friends.
- We’ve never seen you without a big smile on your face–what keeps you motivated? What keep me smiling would have to be thinking about how hard my husband works for us. So why not do the same? Staying on track of my goal to be as strong as my partner puts a smile on my face.
- Where do you think we will find you in 10 years? To tell you the truth, I don’t really know what I see myself doing or being in 10 years. I think about where I am and it’s hard to think about a life change. Obviously I don’t think I’ll see be working at Dlush (although I’ll still be a fan and customer!), but I do hope I’ll be at a place that bring me great happiness like Dlush does for me now.