The XTC is one of the most popular beverages on our menu–and today we’re sharing our secrets with you! Recreate your favorite drink at home this summer, or just stop by the shop and we’ll fix one up for you.
- 1/2 banana (fresh or cut and frozen for extra cold creaminess)
- a large handful of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 generous scoops of pineapple sorbet
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice (no canned or from concentrate please!)
- 1 large orange wedge for garnish
- Blend banana, strawberries, sorbet and orange juice together in a blender, adding ice if your fruit is not frozen.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with the orange wedge.
- Sip, smile and enjoy summer!
Dlush was proud to be a part of the first ever RECESS Playground event at UC San Diego on Thursday, May 15. RECESS is billed as music and ideas festival that brings together successful entrepreneurs, the coolest new startups and the hottest acts in music to inspire the next generation of world changing entrepreneurs. And did they ever deliver on this promise! From the pitch competition to the awesome networking opportunities, as well as jobs and internships (and did we mention free drink from Dlush?), it was an unforgettable day of inspiration and collaboration.
We’re lucky to work with some pretty talented folks that share our vision for Dlush. We’re excited to share that our newest location in the Price Center at UC San Diego is already starting to garner some national attention for the high-energy design that is distinctively Dlush. Many thanks to our friends at Colkitt&Co and Hollis Brand Culture for helping us bring our vision into reality. Check out some of the most recent coverage, below.
- restaurant design+development: http://bit.ly/dlushdelights
- Food & Beverage Magazine: http://bit.ly/newguyoncampus
We’re excited to announce the official drink of May, the Floatie, made in honor of the students who have volunteered their time to be a Floatie at the annual Sun God Festival at UC San Diego. These students have received special Bystander Intervention Techniques and Alcohol Education from Health Education & SARC. As part of the on-campus community, we wanted to honor these student leaders with a special drink (which will be offered as a complimentary beverage to all Floaties on May 15). The Floatie drink contains a delicious blend of matcha green tea ice cream, espresso and a touch of cream, all garnished with a couple of Pocky sticks for a delicious and refreshing drink.