Remember those orange creamsicles you used to get when you were younger? You know, the ice-cold perfect combination of fruity and creamy, orange fruit popsicle on the outside and vanilla ice cream on the inside, deliciousness on a stick?
Oh, we know you remember.
Well, the Dlush “Drink of the Week” is the Orange Freshy, a welcome throwback to your childhood favorite summertime treat! You don’t need to be a kid to enjoy the nostalgic combination of refreshing Sunkist soda, orange juice, and vanilla ice cream. Treat yourself to an Orange Freshy today ad stay tuned for the next Dlush “Drink of the Week” feature!
So, if you haven’t heard already, yoba is the perfect addition to your Dlush drink to add some extra flavor and texture! Choose from yummy yoba, fruity yoba, and super yoba. If your head is spinning from all the amazing choices, have no fear! We have created a quiz to help you decide which yoba to choose and some delicious drinks to pair it with:
1. Which aisle of the grocery store is your favorite?
a. The produce section (1 point)
b. The health food section (2 points)
c. The candy aisle (3 points)
2. Where are you most likely to be found on a Saturday afternoon?
a. Getting lunch with friends (1 point)
b. Playing soccer with friends at the park (2 points)
c. Curling up with a good book (3 points)
3. What is your favorite animal?
a. Golden Retriever (1 point)
b. Cheetah (2 points)
c. Panda (3 points)
4. What is your life goal?
a. To own my own island (1 point)
b. To run a marathon (2 points)
c. To run my own dessert shop (3 points)
5. How would you best describe yourself?
a. Fun (1 point)
b. Active (2 points)
c. Sweet (3 points)
5-8 points – Fruity Yoba
Goes well with: Lavender Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Strawberry Crush
6-10 points – Super Yoba
Goes well with: Blueberry Burst, Extra-C, Green Tea Lemonade
11-15 points – Yummy Yoba
Goes well with: Cookies & Cream, Caramel Kiss, The Dlush
Do you LOVE brunch but hate leaving campus? Do you want a fun new tradition to share with your friends? Do you love sleeping in on the weekends and eating a meal slightly resembling lunch but is really basically breakfast? Then YOU should try brunch at Dlush! Not only is it fun and exciting, but we have created 12 reasons why you should have your next brunch at Dlush:
1. It’s on campus so you don’t have to take a bus, ask someone to drive, drive yourself, leave campus, go far, or use data to open your maps application.
2. You can come in your jammies because, hey, we won’t judge.
3. You can start a new tradition with your friends. Ever heard of the Breakfast Club? You and your friends can star in your very own reality show (not reality tv, just reality) called The Brunch Club.
4. We serve our brunch items all day so you can have brunch at 8pm if you wanted to. Because, why not?
5. If you hashtag #Dlushbrunch on Instagram with a photo of you and your friends brunching, you can be featured on our @dlushlife Instagram page for everyone to see. You and your friends will be instafamous!
6. Our brunch items are really, really good. If you don’t believe us, just scroll to the end of this post to view a few snapshots of what we have for you.
7. We can give you and your friends a shoutout over the microphone, orrr you can make a fake name and give a shoutout to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or to SpongeBob or Agent P and Doofenshmirtz. Hey, the customer is always right.
8. If you don’t feel like being social, you can brunch solo because why not?
9. Our team really likes people, so you will be welcomed like you are at a mom ‘n pop restaurant (but you don’t have to worry about anyone calling you “hun”).
10. If you order a drink, we like to do drink art! Look on our Instagram page (@dlushlife) for some cool examples.
11. We have the super healthy food and the sweet stuff, so you can come whether it’s cheat day or not.
12. The food. Like, it is SO GOOD.
Well, it’s that time of the quarter. Midterms. Just think, it seemed like yesterday it was Week 1. The world was exciting and new; Stress was nowhere to be found. The Golden Age. Now, not so much. If you’re a serious student, you’ve probably turned to coffee—classic move.To help you out, the Dlush Team has done some research on the benefits and pitfalls of coffee so that you can use this caffeinated elixir wisely and crush those midterms.
1. Coffee makes you smarter: It has been shown in studies to improve memory, mood, and general, higher cognitive functions.
2. Coffee holds about 1,000 anti-oxidants that quell inflammation in your nervous system that fights off everything from arthritis to cancer.
3. Coffee has been found to decrease incidents of depression.
4. Coffee quickens your metabolism and can help you burn fat.
But, there are some kinks in coffee’s armor. Coffee raises your blood pressure and if consumed too much in a short period of time, can actually reverse the improvements in memory and cognition mentioned above. The solution? Be smart and drink coffee in moderation. More is not always merrier.
Pro Tip: The caffeine in coffee causes dehydration, which can cause sluggishness and lethargy (everything you don’t want to be the evening before your midterm). To combat this, drink something that will quench your thirst along with your coffee, like water or a sports drink. It will replace the water you lose due to caffeine and keep you firing on all cylinders.
At Dlush, we’re definitely known for our lemonades, teas, and fruity blended drinks. But, did you know that we’ve added breakfast to our repertoire? That’s right, Dlush is the place to be to get your day moving on the right track. We’ve got hot, organic, fair trade coffee supplied by our friends at Cafe Moto, any specialty coffee drink you could dream of, fresh pastries delivered daily, fresh fruit, and breakfast melts that’ll change the way you think about mornings. Our Spinach, Feta and Egg Melt (below) is packed with fresh ingredients all atop a thick piece of fresh, wonderful brioche toast. If you’re in serious need of a spectacular start to your day, we can bring out the big guns: our Stacked Breakfast Melt. With two eggs, cheese, two slices of bacon stacked between two slices of brioche toast, the Stacked Breakfast Melt is the true pinnacle of the Dlush breakfast. So, set that alarm and don’t hit snooze—we’ll be up early waiting for you!
Want your next Dlush drink to pack a nutrient filled, anti-oxidant punch? Superyoba is your new best friend. A mix of blueberries, chia, and quinoa, superyoba will add crazy flavor and nutrition to any drink on our menu. What makes it so amazing? Let’s start with the blueberries. They have one of the highest concentrations of anti-oxidants of any natural food on earth, can help improve memory, and help to detoxify your digestive system. Chia is an Omega-3 acid powerhouse, having more of it than any fish! It also helps reduce your blood pressure and make you feel fuller faster, as it absorbs 10 times its weight in water. Lastly is quinoa, nature’s wonder. It’s packed full of fiber and protein, all while being all natural with no gluten.
Sweet deal, right? A scoop of superyoba in the bottom your Dlush drink will have you on the road to fit in no time at all. Head over and try it with our lemonades or teas today!
Especially today, there are no excuses. Living in a world on the teeter of climate change and the habitual exploitation of the economically challenged, companies, regardless of the industry, need to step up their social responsibility and do their part for a sustainable globe. That’s why we’ve partnered with Cafe Moto for our coffee, espresso, and teas. Cafe Moto is a local roaster based here, in San Diego, sourcing their coffees and teas from organic and fair trade growers. To top it off, their facility where they roast and prepare their products is solar powered (Check them out here to find out more about their story and the products they offer). So, the next time you swing by Dlush and grab an americano or latte, know that you’re doing your part in helping promote a sustainable world.
As you probably already know, Dlush is much more than a place to grab a refreshing drink and relax, it’s an experience. Everything from the service, the decor, and of course, the drinks, show off our commitment to the customer. In this spirit, we have unveiled a brand new addition to our beverages that gives you a new level of control over your Dlush drink and enhances their experience in new ways. Enter Yoba. Yoba stands for “Your boba”; Like traditional tapioca balls, it sits at the bottom of your cup, finding its way up through your straw, and adds a new dimension of flavor and texture to any Dlush beverage. But, we took it a step further- past the traditional- by using fresh, delicious ingredients and creating three delectable varieties.
First up is our Superyoba. Consisting of chia seeds, blueberries, and quinoa, Superyoba packs anti-oxidants and fiber into your cup, and pairs well with any fruity drink. Next is Fruityyoba. This variety has fresh strawberry, mango, and mandarin bits, and pairs amazingly with such drinks as our Guardian Angel Ice-T and Lavender Lemonade. Lastly, we have our Yummyyoba. Made of crushed Oreo, yogurt pretzel bits, and chocolate morsels, this Yoba compliments our blended shakes, like the Cookies n Cream, or the Caramel Kiss.
So, what are you waiting for? Head over to Dlush and try them all! You won’t be disappointed, I promise.
It’s officially blueberry season and we’re here today to share our favorite way to put those healthy little berries to good use! One of our most popular drinks at Dlush is the Blueberry Burst–it’s a favorite because it’s super healthy and also incredibly delicious.
- cup of ice
- about 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 banana
- dash of chia seeds (about 1/2 teaspoon)
It’s super simple–throw it all together in a blender and whirl away! It’s easy, delicious and chock full of good-for-you antioxidants and immune boosters. Enjoy and share your Dlush-worthy creations with us on Instagram #dlushlife. You just might win a drink on us!
Craving some ooey gooey goodness? Make your own turkey monster melt, Dlush style! It’s a great go-to for lunch, dinner or a one seriously delicious midnight snack. Read on for a few simple steps to making your own.
- 5 slices of turkey
- a few slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped bacon (we like ours on the crispier side for added texture)
- 2 large leaves of lettuce (butter lettuce or romaine hearts work well)
- 4 large tomato slices
- 2 pieces of texas toast or bread of your choice
- butter as needed
- Lightly coat the toast in butter.
- Layer turkey and cheese on one slice of bread. Toast as an open-face sandwich in a toaster oven or convention oven. Toast the second slice of buttered bread as well to ensure even cooking. Approximate time is around 4 – 6 minutes–we like a hot oven for this–about 425 F.
- Once melty and delicious looking, remove the open-face melt and second slice of bread, layer on tomato, lettuce and mayo.
- Sprinkle on bacon bits and add your top layer of toast.
- Eat and enjoy!